網頁

2012年12月1日 星期六

VMWare Workstation 9.x --- Enable Hyper-V role on Windows Server 2012

I want to build Hyper-V environment for testing Live Migration or Replication in Windows Server 2012. In the moment, there is no enough hardware for me because I just have only one PC.
How to do it?   The simply method is “do it in virtualization!”, I think.

So I download VMWare Workstation 9 trial version from VMWare Official Web Site and install it on my PC. When I prepare for the related prerequisite and begin to add Hyper-V role, I get the same problem.
What?When launch Add Roles and Feature Wizard for enabling Hyper-V RoleScreenHunter_07next to click Add Features button after enable Include management tools (if applicable) check box
ScreenHunter_08the error message pop up that tell us “Hyper-V cannot be installed: A hypervisor is already running.”.
ScreenHunter_09
How to resolve this problem?(1). Enable Virtualize Intel VT-x/EPT or AMD-V/RVI check box in this VM settings
ScreenHunter_10(2). Edit VM with extension “vmx” file and Insert hypervisor.cpuid.v0 = “FALSE” and mce.enable = TRUE
ScreenHunter_11
After finish the above steps, we can enable Hyper-V check box without any problem and click Next > button to go ahead next process now.
ScreenHunter_12

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Since 2010 Design by Davidwa
©Copyright Davidwa Inc. All rights reserved.