網頁

2011年7月9日 星期六

To expand VMware disk by Virtual Disk Factory

Recently, I make a plan to install SNMP component on all online servers in my job. There is more and more servers need to be install it manually so that this will spend a lot of time to handle for me. Whether has smart & good tool to install it remotely?  I find out one free tool can help me to finish my thought. It is "Solarwinds Enable Enabler for Windows". In official expression, this tool can install, configure, enable SNMP component remotely.
If it is true, I think it will help us to save more time to handle it by remote control.

Due to I have no system right or no time to focus on testing it in company, so I decide to make a lab for verifying at home. Of course, this lab will be built on virtual environment --- VMWare Workstation because it is my familiar virtual tool now.

I never boot the virtual machine of window 2003 system for a long time since Windows 7 or Windows 2008 R2 is on the market. When I boot it and install the related security hotfix up to date, I find the drive C space is not a little enough.

Whether has method to expand the original disk space? I know there is a command to finish this target, but I forget how to do it. Suddenly, I think I ever use a tool to do the same thing. That is "Virtual Disk Factory".

At first, you have to power off your VM for expanding disk space. In VDF GUI, click "Expand" tab next to click button in Virtual Disk attribute for selecting a .vmdk file.

If VM disk never interrupt or the function is normal, it will pop up a window that show "Current Disk Information" as current disk size = 8GB

In Disk Size group, the first step click GB option next to key in 30 for expanding disk from 8GB to 30GB.

If the above step finish, please click "Expand Disk" button to begin the expand disk process.

Finally, you will see old & new C/H/S and completion message.

Please boot to VM again and check disk size by computer management. You will see the Disk Size is 30 GB but additional disk belong to the second partition.

If you want to extend partition from two to one, maybe you can use tool as Gparted Live CD to do it!

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Since 2010 Design by Davidwa
©Copyright Davidwa Inc. All rights reserved.