網頁

2011年7月3日 星期日

Add "New Disk" on Windows 2008 R2 Server Core by Diskpart Tool

When I have already finished installing Windows 2008 R2 Server Core with Hyper-V role on VMWare workstation, I find out that the system structure never plan the space for Hyper-V location until now. I don't want to locate the system or data file on the same partition. If I do it, maybe it is difficult for me to maintain system performance or extend disk space in the future. As far it will be true if the practice environment use the physical server with physical disk.

So now, I will use remote administrator tool as Computer Management to connect to Remote Server Core for initiating this new disk. When I switch to Storage Management, the error message show up as "The RPC Server is unavailable".

Although the system log tell me the indicator as follows and I also follow it to execute this command on Server Core, the result still fail not to connect to Remote Server Core by Storage Management.

 In my thought, I just want to know whether exist the other method to finish my target except for this GUI tool. By Google, I find out this answer. It is windows built-in utility --- Diskpart.
To study the related document, I decide to do it on Server Core environment for testing.

At first, the diskpart command execute on Prompt Command of Server Core and execute "list disk" for realizing the disk number and status now. In the following image, you will see there is 100GB new disk size to wait for initiating.

To "select disk 0" next to execute "detail disk", it will realize the original disk information as including two partition and volume. Or one is System Rese, the other is drive letter C, and so on.

The next step is "select disk 1" about new additional disk next to execute "detail disk" for realize the present disk status --- Offline.

To execute command "online disk" and confirm whether its status is online now by command "detail disk".

When you continue to execute "create partition primary", it will fail and show up the error message as follows.

Why? Because the Current Read-only State is Yes!

How to resolve it? To execute "attribute disk clear readonly" this command and confirm it again by "detail disk".  So do that you will see the Current Read-only state is No.

To create primary partition and assign letter by the following command.

To select this partition and quickly format it with NTFS.

To do the above steps, please execute "detail disk" to confirm whether new disk has already been added now.

Or it also can verify the all status by "list disk", "list partition", "list volume".

Until now, I have own the new disk "drive E" for locating Hyper-V file by using Hyper-V management tool.

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Since 2010 Design by Davidwa
©Copyright Davidwa Inc. All rights reserved.