網頁

2011年10月10日 星期一

Openfiler 2.99.1 know additional disk right now on VMware workstaion

I want to add new VM disk for building software RAID on Openfiler. When the Openfiler system is on-line, I add five 10 GB VM disk as follows.

Next to open the Openfiler Management GUI to click "Volume" --->  "Block Devices", you will see these new disks on the screen.

When I check SCSI disk by "cat /proc/scsi/scsi" command on console, I find out the system has already known these new disks. If you never do the previous step and directly run this command, the result will be different --- new disks never show up!

I am not sure whether the openfiler version 2.99.1 or vmware workstation 8 with the newest version has enhance additional function.

I am sure that it is very convenient for me to do lab in the future because I don't need to do anything as before that let the openfiler 2.3 know these new disks.
(http://daviwa.blogspot.com/2011/04/how-to-add-new-disk-on-openfiler.html)

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Since 2010 Design by Davidwa
©Copyright Davidwa Inc. All rights reserved.