網頁

2010年12月5日 星期日

Install vmware tool on Ubuntu in my first experience

Today I want to install Ubuntu Desktop edition on Vmware environment. Why I have this idea?
First, I want to realize whether Ubuntu with WINE can support a lot of Microsoft platform software than other Linux version as RedHat,CentOS and so on.
Second point, Maybe my job will use more and more Linux software in the future.
Base on above reason, I think it need to be prepared the related Linux technical or skill for me.

I never have the enough experience on Linux platform before. After install Ubuntu Desktop,I find out I have no root password. It surprised to me that the installation process never ask me to key in any root password. This problem is found out due to need to install vmware tool.

When I extract vmware tool to the specific path next to execute vmware-install.pl in terminal window, the error message show up as following.

In install procedure, I remember I just name a account "DW" and password once. Besides this,the system never ask me key password for root. So I key in DW's password and get the wrong result.

Let me exchange root account, I think. When I do it, the system ask me the root's password for authentication. Of course, I still get the wrong message.

After google this error, I find out the Ubuntu randomly assign password for root after installing Ubuntu system. This is why the high priority is change root password. Because I need to use it to install vmware tool.

How to do it? It just two steps:
(1)switch root by sudo command and key in personal password.
(2)change root password by passwd command
After finish these steps,the root password did is changed now.

When I switch root and key the new password, the environment has already been changed to root one.

Next to execute .pl, the system did can run this program now.

It is very interested in installing Ubuntu for me. That is have specific thought in the every Linux platform.

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Since 2010 Design by Davidwa
©Copyright Davidwa Inc. All rights reserved.